Centre Bridge Inn

About Us

The Centre Bridge Inn

Original Structure Built in 1705

The Centre Bridge begins with the establishment of ferrying in 1700. The addition of the bridge in 1814 brought forth a great deal of activity to the village and started the social life of the Centre Bridge House. Before long the Inn grew to include an ice house, blacksmith shop and large stone stable. A general store, called Connor’s was also built at the end of the bridge. While it’s unknown when the construction of the canal began, it was completed in 1832. Over the next 100 years several disasters befell the Centre Bridge including a fire on halloween night 1932 which burnt it to the ground. Rebuilt in 1962, the Inn was designed to resemble the Inn of the 1800’s. Current owners, Jerry and Tina Horan, have maintained the Inn’s history while building onto the property an additional enclosed space and rooftop terrace to add to the charm and continually growing social life of the Centre Bridge Inn.

Proprietor • Jerry Horan

Jerry started his career like most restaurant staff . Start from the bottom and work your way to top  starting with dishes, eventually was promoted to manager of Mothers Restaurant in the 80’s . Soon after jerry was operating a casual dining restaurant in Martha’s Vineyard. Those years came to a sudden halt when “The Perfect Storm” paralyzed the island then back to Bucks County .We landed a management position with Peddlers Village then The Main Street Bistro in Princeton NJ. years after we returned to Peddlers Village to operate The Spotted Hog for 7 years. We purchased the Centre Bridge Inn in 2000. For the past 16years we have hosted 100’s of weddings and private events .. The past few years we have completed a remodel of Centre Bridge Inn to include a new dining room and terrace overlooking the Delaware.  We strive to make Centre Bridge Inn  the best  property in bucks county and will continue during our ownership.

sample-image3

fred

Executive Chef • Fred Moffitt

was born and raised in Bucks County. Chef Moffitt’s culinary background began when he gained a degree through the Advanced Placement Program at the New England Culinary Institute. While studying there he interned at Arrows Restaurant in Ogunquit, Maine where he trained under a James Beard awarded “Best Chef of the Northeast.”

Chef Moffitt’s menu is a receivable take on familiar dishes with a modern twist. To keep things fresh, the menu changes seasonally and we provide daily additions with ingredients sourced from as close to our back door as we can find.
The food, paired with our creative cocktails, notable wine list, rustic décor and attentive staff is not to be missed!